It’s the first week of December already and I haven’t posted anything yet here for almost 2 months I guess. And I absolutely regret to leave this blog on a negative tone, my last public post was really a melancholic one. I have a few good reason for being MIA: first, life is really happening right now and I don’t have ample time to write; second, I tried to write, I tried really hard but I cannot make myself write anything cohesive, and; third, I’ve written some poetry and prose, however, I deliberately did not post it on this blog.
Please excuse me for this waste of space and time.
What happened, October?
Many firsts happened last October:
- First Out of the Country Travel!!! Meaning 1st time to be out of my comfort zone… meaning meeting new people… meaning seeing new culture. We (my sister and I) went to Malaysia and Singapore.
To my surprise, I was somewhat comfortable with the new environment. I could sleep well on a different bed which was very unlike me. I could eat well on a different environment which again was very unlike me. I’ve never seen myself comfortable in a new environment which was very surprising.
- First time I was really disappointed with Neil Gaiman’s work (*ehem* Stardust).
- First time to really have my heart feel the way I felt. Okay, that’s vague but I cannot rewrite or re-explain myself… just read this link. It is not like I am not proud of this new season I am in, but, this is the kind of thing I am not comfortable talking about, my friends can vouch for me about this.
What happened, November?
- I’ve finished reading three books!
Kung Alam N’yo Lang by Ricky Lee
Ricky Lee never disappoints. Love is really an understatement for this masterpiece!
The Maps that Contain Us by Marla Miniano & Reese Lansangan
First time to read a collection of flash fiction and poetry and it did not disappoint.
Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven
Review is on Goodreads.
- November I became a certified Tita of Makati… meaning I am really busy taking care of my niece.
- November also was the month of rekindling friendship.
- I am back from art slump for almost 2 months!
- 1 month in a relationship. Yey! No, I will not elaborate.
Life lately was full of surprises and unexpected circumstances. I learned so many things and lessons from what happened the past months. And I am happy on how life unfolds before my eyes. I am still in awe on how God orchestrate everything. I love how grounded I can be in this season of my life. I am forever grateful to God for all the blessings He has bestowed me. I am forever grateful.
There is a time for everything. – Ecclesiastes 3:1