Maybe, I’ve been very picky now with the books I’ve read. I’ve learned the art of not finishing a book which I felt no inclination to finish.
Gladly, this year, from setting the expectation of 25 books to read this year, I’ve read 31 books.
TOP 5 BOOKS OF 2017
1. Kung Alam N’yo Lang by Ricky Lee. Lee never fails. He is my go-to Filipino author. This book is really deep and discusses the inconvenient truths of the world. Mind-boggling. Heart-wrenching. Poignant.
This is me after reading KANL:
2. Britt-Marie Was Here by Frederick Backman. This novel is a heartwarming tale of an old woman, her cowardice and OCD. A tale where she brave the world outside and finally making a mark in the lives of people of Borgs. It is like an unintentional Nanny McPhee in a deeper level.
3. Found: Letters on Love, Life and God by Isa Garcia. A collection of letters for the sole purpose of finding oneself in the middle of this mess up world.
4. Regret No More by Nelson Dy. A non-fiction book which tackles on how to live a life of no regrets.
5. Everyday by David Levithan. It is a poignant story of love, life and identity. It questions the very things we are not capable of understanding or if we do understand, we are not capable of doing: Can we really see a person, deeply, not the way he/she acts or gestures, not the way he/she waves his/her hands, not the weight he/she gained, not the darkness or the fairness of his/her skin, but the way his/her soul connects with us? Can love really conquer all?
That’s it! Still thinking how many books I will be challenging myself to read next year.
What’s your favorite read this year?