Progress is the word I am thinking about lately. I’ve imagined myself without progress, our country without progress and our world without progress, and I felt really bummed about it.
You see, I’m a person who always do stuff, a person who doesn’t like being stuck, and a person who doesn’t support stagnation. I want progress, I want advancement.
Our lives do not end here, sitting, typing on keyboards, doing “things.” Our life is not something we start at a certain point and end with that only point.
I have come to realize that everything should be evolving.
Our life should be progressive. If not, what is the use of living if you remain the person you are ten years ago?
Our relationship with other people (families, friends, partners, lovers, co-workers, and bosses) should be progressive. If not, what is the point of being in that relationship?
Our faith should be progressive. If not, what is the point of having faith?
Our career should be progressive. If not, we will be on the same ground as we have when our career started.
Our knowledge should be progressive. If not, we will be foolish for the rest of our lives.
Our thoughts should be progressive. If not, our minds will get the same information over and over.
Our health should be progressive. If not, our body will deteriorate easily.
I don’t know why some are hesitant of progress. It doesn’t mean changing drastically, so don’t fret. Yet, progress is a gradual betterment and advancement.
This mid-year, I plan to be progressive, stretching what I have and know now to a more advance me. I will not create a brand new me; hence, I will be just moving forward and have a gradual betterment of my old version.
My bucket list of progress:
1. Be a better ate (big sister) to my little brother by supporting him on what he wants to do and/or by not bullying him.
2. Be a better daughter to my parents by being not so lazy in doing household chores.
3. Will be having a career move one of these months (I don’t like to preempt this because I’ve been planning this for almost a year now).
4. Be a freelance writer/researcher/blogger.
5. Be a better daughter of God by proclaiming His words through sharing the Gospel to other people.
6. Be a better citizen of this country and of this world (reuse and reduce and recycle).
7. Read more informative and inspirational books.
8. Be a better listener, dumping the negatives and focusing on the positives.
9. Be at my best of health by eating and drinking nutritional food and exercising (yeah, that’s right, I’ll exercise, laziness, please don’t get on my way).
10. Attend trainings, seminars and workshop of interests.
I want to be progressive in every aspect of my life, how about you, what’s your plan?
P.S. Please pray for me to accomplish all these. Thanks! 🙂